Hence many newbies spent a lot of time searching for the perfect domain name for their business and when they slip on a free to register domain name that they think is as good as Google, their heart starts to beat fast and without slightest of delay they whip out debit or credit card and buy that domain name so that they can get it for less and resell it to make profits. But many newbies face a setback when the domain name they purchased has no takers. Soon their enthusiasm fades and their initial investment goes off.
If the scenario mentioned above describes exactly what happened with you then read this article to get tips on choosing a domain name. In this article I have shared my experience and have described ways through which you can buy a quality domain name that will help you make profits. Some tips on domain name selection are as follows:
· Don’t buy a domain name just for the heck that it is common or is represented by a well known brand. Always buy a domain that is relevant for your business. This way visitor will know what they are clicking on and such domain names will surely be valued by end user.
· When you are just a newbie in the business of domaining then I would recommend that you go slow and keep the number of domain you buy less. For more information you can read various domain name journals and forums.
· Save your money and buy only when you get an attractive domain name. A quality domain name is one which has a keyword in it. So keep looking and buy only quality domain names rather than buying rubbish domain names. You can do search at Snap Names as I am sure you would find some valuable and quality domain names for less.
· Do not buy long domain names. You should always avoid buying long domain names or domain names which have hyphens in them. Keep your domain name as short and precise as you can.
· You should always buy a .COM domain name as it is worldwide used and all search engines give it a higher relevance against others. You can buy .GOV, .BIZ, .INFO, only if you know about the industry they are associated with.
At the end I would say that knowing what to buy is very important in domaining business. You have little room for error while dealing with domain names. Having said this, I would also say that art of choosing quality domain names comes with time. The best you can do is read articles, research online and only then spend money on domain buying.